An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic, growing team at NYA’s London headquarters as a Senior Managing Consultant.
As a Senior Managing Consultant key tasks and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Working as part of the senior management team in London the role will require close collaboration with NYA’s security risk management consulting and crisis response teams
- Develop and deliver crisis and security risk management consulting services worldwide, maintaining consistency of delivery in line with NYA’s methodology
- Account management of existing NYA clients as well as supporting business development campaigns, proposals and initiatives
- Develop and nurture NYA’s analytical capability, including coordinating the delivery of internal team training and professional development initiatives
- Supporting the crisis response team as directed, including ensuring resilience of NYA’s team of consultants based around the world
- The individual should be prepared to deploy in support of cases, conduct client briefings and deliver pre-incident prevention consulting and marketing programmes as required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of five years of experience in commercial security risk and/or crisis management consulting
- Proven ability to manage complex and strategic security risk and crisis management consulting projects, utilising a wide array of resources within specified timelines
- Demonstrable successful experience of business development, ideally directly related to security risk and/or crisis management consulting services
- Successful and experienced in responding to RFPs and tenders
- To have worked and/or lived in the developing world or hostile environments
- Ability to work within a small and dynamic management team
- Fluency in English (native level preferred)
- Experience of working as a crisis incident response consultant
- Experience of providing security risk and/or crisis management consulting services within the Special Risks insurance market
- Experience of providing wider security risk management consulting services (e.g. corporate investigations)
- Comprehensive understanding and practice of security risk and crisis management industry Best Practice standards (e.g. ISO 31000:2009, ISO 22302:2012, BS 11200:2014)
- Additional languages (ideally either, French, German, Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic)
- Security qualification(s) such as an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or diploma in a security related field, CPP, PSP or similar
We are looking for:
A highly focussed and dynamic / diligent individual with outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communications and presentation skills and excellent attention to detail. Additionally, be a quick thinker, flexible at all times and an adept problem solver with the ability to identify critical operational and commercial priorities. The ability to ‘think outside the box’ is crucial when delivering consulting options and solutions for clients.
NYA operates in a fast-moving and demanding global environment – as a result we are looking for an individual who relishes hard work and is comfortable working irregular hours when required. Must be a team player and be able to operate with the utmost discretion.
Competitive salary & 25 days holiday, pension and benefits package.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Role Application SMC 170224 in the email title field.